Thursday 26 June 2008

Courtesy Foundation - Caring for children...

At the busy JNTU junction or the Hitech City junction, we find many typical salesmen. Yet, there is an all together different group of people, belonging to Courtesy Foundation, marketing their way into convincing, not forcing anyone to pay a little towards a noble cause, for needy children.

My first encounter with one of their volunteers was at the a busy junction. A young girl, who I mistook for the typical salesman, asked me for a few seconds. When I refused, she was absolutely quick to inform me that she was not trying to propose a loan or a silly product. She had amazing convincing skills that I was thoroughly convinced to pay 500 rupees. I complemented her for her skill at marketing the cause.

Today again, I met yet another person at Hitech City junction. Again, I mistook him for a typical salesman, and quick came the explanation disclosing his intention. When I told him about my previous encounter, and wanted to get away, he convinced me into paying another 50 rupees. As I was waiting for my friend to arrive, I observed that there were 3 of them and believe me none of them was free for a minute. They kept speaking to people and they almost got everybody to shell out a little. Believe me, they were amazing...

So, the next time you come across such a person, just give a second to listen to what they have to say. May be you can contribute to their cause; or should I say you will, considering that they are too good at what they do!!!

To view their website, click Here

No comments: