Tuesday 24 June 2008

Goodbye Infy!!!

Yesterday was the last day of my short but sweet stay @ Infosys.
Exactly a year ago, I was putting up with the training at Mysore. Now, Mysore strikes a very pleasant chord, even though the training was hectic. The 4.5 month stay there was sheer fun, plus a little stress due the endless stream of classes and tests; and indeed lack of sleep. We lacked sleep not only because we were training(rated to be very tough, which it is indeed), also because of the endless hrs of TT, Shuttle, volleyball, and what not!!!
If I were asked to rate my stay @ Mysore, I would place it pretty high in the list.

Post training, life was a little different, but better as a result of the fact that I was posted to Hyderabad. Having worked on a project, which I never found interesting(coz, it was all about filling up excels & Word docs), I was very much let down as I had very high expectations. Though professionally it was not so challenging, I had time to enjoy. Being in the IT industry(training excluded) for almost 8 months, I never stayed late at office. Then came the call from IFMR, Chennai for GD/PI, which I managed to convert. By now, I was already on bench for about a month. It was curtains on my dreams of another project, when I informed I would be leaving in june. The next three months, it was about going late to office and coming back home early. The 7-8 hrs @ office, were quite hard to while away; indeed I even ran out of ideas to search google or wiki!!!

Then came appraisal time. Filling up PPT slides, scanning and uploading documents, taking up the boring ILI sessions. Finally, I got an overall A for my performance during the last six months, thanks to the remarkable feedback from my managers.;)

As we entered june, i was getting to think that, just a few more days and it's all done. The last few days before the DU party were the most tiring. From being a part of the skit team the first day, I was a part of overall coordination forthe party. The party went on pretty well till something wierd called "Vineel" happened. It just took a few minutes for him to make us feel like dying. As a die hard fan of music, and also being a respectable singer, even on stage, I felt singing couldnot get worse than that. I personally took rehearsals of every event and made sure they were all good. For some reason, I couldnot take a rehearsal of this freak. I was kicking myself for having commited the sin of taking a chance with him. He literally set the stage and my a##, both on fire simultaneously. But, I still admire him for his courage. Managers, please dont let his appraisal ratings be effected by his on-stage performance. ;)
The icing on the cake about this guy, is that,he also lost one of the pen drives which was not his. :(

Vineel,if you are reading this,please dont mind me saying all this!!!

Monday was the day that mattered. I was busy settling my last minute formalties for my relieving. All these days, I never felt emotional about leaving the job. But when the entire Cisco team met in the pantry,somewhere down in me, I was feeling low.From a corner of my eye, a drop rolled down my cheek. It was the first & best farewell I was given individually. Thanks a lot guys!!! It couldnot have been better.
Coming out of the ODC, & after spending some time with my friends, it was time for me to leave the campus, one last time as an employee of Infosys. I could have walked to the parking lot, but I preferred to take a ride on the cycle. Interestingly, I started & ended my stay @ infosys with a ride on the bicycle...

No comments: